Aracena. Cave of Wonders & Museum of Iberian Ham Trip Description
Situated in the north of the province, 106 kms from Huelva, Aracena belongs to the Natural Mountain Park of Aracena and the Aroche Peaks, an area of great environmental value declared a Bisosphere Reserve by Unesco.
Explore its main attraction, the spectacular Cave of Wonders (La Gruta de las Maravillas). A source of inexhaustible beauty, forged by time on the nature, by the fusion of simple water and stone elements has created a strange, subterranean landscape which fires the imagination. Its 12 caverns contain long corridors, stalactites and stalagmites arranged in wonderful patterns, and stunning underground lagoons. Discovered at the end of the 19th century, it was in 1914 when is opened to the public as the first tourist Cave of Spain.
The Museum of Iberian Ham is a must to visit. Through its seven rooms you will discover, little by little, our protagonist: the pig. You will get to know the process of upbringing, his life in the field, his power, killing traditional and industrial, healing and development process, as well as the process of maturation in cellar. All this in an enjoyable and educational way through audiovisual media: panels and projections which, with the guide’s explanations, give support and clarification of queries that could be formulated. We won´t come back to Seville without tasting the delicious Iberian Ham.
Details of the trip
- Dates available: Annual. Except 24th, 25th and 31th of December & 1st and 6th of January.
- Departure city: Seville.
- Duration: 10 hours approx.
- Days of operation: Sunday.
- Departure Point & Time: Between 8.00am and 8.30am at your hotel in Seville city center. Alternatively, at 8.00am in our office Andalsur Excursiones (Avenida de la Constitucion, 5 – Seville).
- Return Point & Time: approx. at 7.00pm approx. drop off in your hotel.
- Tour group size: 30 people max./Booking minimum 2 people.
- Guide languages: Spanish & English On request French, Italian & German Consult others.
? Pick-up and Drop-off from your hotel in Seville city center.
? Entrance fees to the Gruta de las Maravillas (Cave of Marvels) and Museum of Iberian Ham.
? Official Tourist Guide for the Gruta de las Maravillas and for the Museum of Iberian Ham.
? Iberian Ham Tasting.
? Optional (lunch for 18) and any extra unspecified.
Booking and Payment
Your booking will be automatically confirmed. After finishing the booking process via our secured booking system, you will receive both, the confirmation e-mail and the voucher, in your inbox. You can pay comfortably with your credit card (VISA and MasterCard) or via banking transfer (IBAN/BIC).
Your booking will automatically enter into our system, thus your confirmation is not required. However, in case you did not tell us about your hotel for the pick-up location we kindly ask you to do so the day before your starts between 11am and 1pm, calling at (+34) 954 211 609 o al (+34) 682 640 485.
1. Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Confirmation of Reservation via email.
2. Simply print your purchase voucher and present it to your touristic guide on the day and time of your activity. This voucher is your only proof of purchase and it will not be accepted any other document to allow you to do your activity.
Due to the length of the walking tour we recommend you to wear comfortable shoes and drink sufficiently water during the walk.
Special tariffs for children aged younger than 12 years.
We recommend to be at pick-up point (hotel lobby or entrance) 10 minutes before the tour starts.
In case you would like to cancel or modify the booking please get in touch with us via the online form.
The order of the visit can be changed to any unexpected circumstances.